The College Library is the hub of the academic activities supporting the institution's mission of achieving excellence in education and research. All students, faculties and employees of the College are entitled to make use of the Library facilities. The library also renders service to people from outside the college community after receiving due permission from the college authority. Sipajhar College has a modern computerized library with an impressive collection of books, journals, newspapers and magazines, e-resources like CD/DVD, e-journals, e-books, bibliographic databases, etc. The library with its semi-open access system and spacious reading area provides an atmosphere favorable to the excitement of mental discovery. Students are always encouraged to do the optimum utilization of the library resources by creating a user-friendly atmosphere. Moreover, each department of the College has an individual library called departmental library, which provides additional help to students and teachers in their academic pursuits. The library also provides access to e-resources to the teachers and students of the College through UGC-INFLIBNET N-List programme. The library remains open from 10 A.M. to 4 P.M. on all working days. A student will have to apply on a separate form supplied by the librarian to access the library facilities.
Book-bank facilities are also offered to needy and deserving students who may borrow books for the whole academic session. However, certain official formalities will have to be followed to obtain such facilities. Such books which are issued at the beginning of the session may be kept up to the annual examination.
To serve the society with integrated state-of-the-art library & information, to build a good class of reader, to build a better society, indeed a great Nation.
Total quality management and optimum users' satisfaction.
Faculty Members :
Library at a glance :
- Name of the Library: Central Library, Sipajhar College
- Year of Establishment: 1971
- Type of the Library: Academic
- Library Hour: Monday to Saturday 10:00 am to 4:00pm
- Library Circulation Hour: Monday to Friday 10:30 am to 3:00pm
- Library Building: Part of a building
- Nature of Access: Semi-open
- Classification Scheme Used: DDC 23rd edition
- Status of Automation: Partially automated
- Automation Software: SOUL2.0
- Digital Library: At the initial stage
- Digital Library Software: DSpace1971
- Library Collection:
- Bound Volume: 100+
- CD: 50+
- Journal: 15
- Magazine: 5
- Assamese : 1
- English: 3
- Library Users
- Teaching Staff: 46
- Non-Teaching Staff: 16
- Students: 1,932
- B.A: 1,607
- B.Sc: 194
- Regular: 2
- Contractual: 1
- Vacant: 1 (Appointment in process)
- All members have to record their name, address and time of arrival and departure and put their signature in the Register kept at the library entrance.
- All bags and carrying cases must be left in the shelves located at the entrance of the library.
- Disruptive behavior, such as creating loud noises, loud talking, screaming, or banging on computer keyboards are strictly prohibited.
- Consuming food or beverages inside the library is strictly prohibited.
- Each student is allowed to borrow two books at a time.
- Books are issued to students for a period of 15 (fifteen) days. They may be reissued for another 15 days.
- An overdue charge of Rs. 1.00 only per day is levied if a book is kept beyond the due date.
- Books on loan with members can be recalled at any time, without assigning any reason thereof.
- Members should satisfy themselves about the physical condition of the books they wish to borrow before getting them issued; otherwise they will be held responsible for any damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
- Reference books marked restricted and bound volumes of periodicals and question papers are not issued on loan.
- Books damaged or lost will have to be replaced with the latest edition. If the user cannot replace the lost copy he will have to pay 3 times the original cost of the book. If any book is in a damaged condition while taking out from the library, this should be brought to the notice of the librarian; otherwise the borrower will be held responsible for the same.
- Dog-earing, marking or underlining the pages of publications or cutting pages, illustrations, advertisements or damaging the publications in any way is strictly prohibited. The defaulters will not only be required to pay the cost and penalty for such offences but will be deprived of the library facility and the appropriate authority will be asked to take suitable action against him/her.
|1||Dr. Nirmali Chakraborty||Librarian|
|2||Mr. Dipu Kashyap||Library Assistant (Contractual)|
|3||Mr. Rebokanta Deka||Bearer (Contractual)|
There is a Library Advisory Committee which is formed as per the guidelines of the Director of Higher Education, Assam. The library committee extends advice and suggests new ideas to librarian from time to time for the improvement of the library facilities and services. Library matters are discussed and approved in the Library Committee meeting before implementation.
The Central Library, Sipajhar College provides following facilities and services for the benefit of the students and faculty members of the college:
- On-line Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
- Automated circulation of book
- Reference Service
- Access to online e-resources viz. e-books, e-journals through N-LIST consortia of INFLIBNET Centre, Ahmedabad.
- Selected Research Journals (printed), popular magazines and newspapers etc. are available in the reading room.
- Access to reference collection such as encyclopaedias, dictionaries, yearbooks etc.
- Display of New Arrival
- Access to bound volume of periodicals.
- Access to bound volume of old question papers.
- Book bank facilities
- Outside readers can use the library with due permission from the librarian.
Circulation of Books
|User Category||Maximum No. of Books to be issued||Issue Period||No. of Renewals|
|HS Course||02 (Two)||15 Days||01 time|
|Bachelor Degree Course||02 (Two)||15 Days||01 times|
|Master Degree||03 (Three)||30 Days||01 time|
|Teaching Staff||10 (Ten)||One Semester||02 times|
|Non Teaching Staff||03 (Three)||30 Days||01 time|
|Temporary Staff||02 (Two)||15 Days||01 time|
- Organised users' awareness programme in 2018
- Organised webinar on "Use of Online E-resources" on 30/05/2020
Published a report on Amar Asom dated 01/06/2020 covering to news of webinar organised by the Central Library, Sipajhar College on "Use of Online E-resources" on 30/05/2020