About the Department :
Sipajhar College was established in 1971 and the Department of History was introduced in the same year with the Pre-University course. The subject was introduced at degree level in the year 1980. The major course in History was started in the year 1993A.D. taught by four faculty members.
Aims and Objectives :
- To impart historical knowledge to the interested students.
- To make awareness among the students in particular and the masses in general about various events of the world history (international, national and regional) and also local elements.
- To teach the students about the national integrity, cultural heritage, communal harmony to make them to be an ideal citizen in future.
- It is also an aim of our department to make the students competent for different competitive examinations in the national and regional level.
- Another aim of the department is to encourage the student community to do research and survey works on various aspects of history both in national and regional level. It is further hoped that this will greatly help the student community to know the historical facts and events of National and International level.
- To achieve such objectives, the department of history has been arranged Seminar, Survey cum Excursion programme time to time, besides its normal routine works.